Rotary International is comprised of 1.2 million neighbors, friends, community leaders and global citizens uniting for the common good in our communities and around the world.
The Rotary Club of Tucson, is the largest of 135 Rotary Clubs in Arizona. Chartered in Tucson in 1921, we continue serving the Southern Arizona community. Our signature fund raising event for the last 10 years is:
October 21, 2017 in Tucson, Arizona
This event is the Premier Car Show in Southern Arizona
The Rotary Club of Tucson Foundation has donated over a Million Dollars directly to 501(c)(3) Local Charities over the last 10 years.
The Foundation awarded $209,300 from the proceeds of the 2016 Car Show to Five Local Charities.
Key Points of our Tucson Classics Car Show include:
- Over 400 high quality Classic Cars and Hot Rods displayed on a green grass field.
- Awards are given for the best cars in each class, Best in Show, Sponsor Award and others.
- Separate rows for car clubs who wish to display together as an event for their club.
- This family friendly activity attracts over 20,000 spectators on show day.
- The $5 entrance ticket is also a raffle ticket for a 2008 C-6 Corvette Convertible, or $15,000 cash
or 4 other great raffle prizes donated by local merchants.
- 88 Local companies come together to Sponsor this show at all different levels.
- A leadership group of Rotarian volunteers coordinates this project all year-round.
- Our 480 Rotary and community volunteers fill over 770 Job Slots on the day of show.
- 21 Tucson Charity organizations joined with Rotarians to sell tickets. The Charities keep a portion of the proceeds from their sales for their own projects.
- The show field includes a food court, related car vendors, displays from our non-profit beneficiaries and musical entertainment all day long.
- VIP Classics Club area is available for sponsors and others at an additional charge. It includes air conditioned seating areas, complimentary food, beer, wine and beverages.